The brakes on a Spirit Airways flight caught fireplace after touchdown at Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson Worldwide Airport on Sunday, however nobody was injured within the incident and it didn’t affect some other flights or airport operations, NPR reported.
Many passengers onboard the flight had been alarmed by the state of affairs outdoors as firefighters put out the flames billowing from the stomach of the aircraft after its brakes overheated and caught fireplace.
Movies on Twitter from contained in the plane confirmed confirmed passengers getting up from their seats to look out the home windows because the crew urged them to remain seated.
“If the pilot provides us the command to evacuate we are going to evacuate, however please stay seated proper now and hold the aisle methods clear,” the crew stated over the intercom. “If we do must evacuate, please simply go away your luggage. We are going to let you recognize. Please stay seated.”
As soon as the hearth was extinguished, the aircraft was towed to a gate and passengers safely disembarked, based on NPR.
A Spirit spokesperson advised Enterprise Insider that the aircraft, which flew in from Tampa, Florida, will likely be briefly eliminated for upkeep.
Passenger Scottie Nelms described the panic on the flight to Fox 5, saying: “As soon as we landed, it made a bizarre noise from the left aspect of the aircraft. No one knew what it was till we stopped fully in the midst of the touchdown strip. We noticed a flame coming from the engine and other people and myself began freaking out.”
© 2022 Newsmax. All rights reserved.
Leave a Reply