Chelsea have marked Sevilla’s Jules Kounde as their centre-back of the longer term after a deal for Manchester Metropolis’s Nathan Ake fell aside.
An settlement had been taking form to convey 27-year-old Ake again to Stamford Bridge – the place he started his Premier League profession – earlier than Metropolis determined to retain the providers of the Netherlands worldwide.
As a substitute, 23-year-old Kounde is now in Chelsea’s sights, possible as a long-term answer after additionally securing 31-year-old centre-back Kalidou Koulibaly from Napoli for a price reportedly simply shy of £34million.
TOP STORY – CHELSEA ENTER THE KOUNDE RACE
Kounde has already racked up 150 video games of prime league expertise between his time with Bordeaux in Ligue 1 and Sevilla in LaLiga, and is predicted to price within the vary of £56million, based on ESPN.
The France worldwide, with 11 senior caps for his nation, additionally has an impeccable harm historical past, tallying 184 appearances in all membership competitions in simply the previous 4 seasons, with no important accidents.
Chelsea might be primarily competing towards Barcelona, with the Spanish giants reportedly already agreeing to private phrases with Kounde, and reviews declare they’re keen to alternate Memphis Depay or Sergino Dest to get a deal finished.
Barcelona could also be unable to afford the transfer until Sevilla are keen to take again a participant, as their £65m deal for Raphinha and their chase of Robert Lewandowski might prohibit their monetary flexibility
– Aston Villa have positioned a £20million price ticket on 18-year-old midfielder Carney Chukwuemeka to attempt to fend off curiosity from Manchester United, Manchester Metropolis and Newcastle United, based on Talksport.
– The Athletic is reporting that 29-year-old Jesse Lingard is contemplating a extremely paid transfer to Saudi Arabia.
– In line with Fabrizio Romano, Arsenal are set to agree to private phrases with Manchester Metropolis’s Oleksandr Zinchenko.
– Sky Sport in Germany claims Bayern Munich are near securing Juventus centre-back Matthijs de Ligt for round €80million.
– The Impartial is reporting that William Saliba will attempt to push his means out of Arsenal if he isn’t assured a spot in Mikel Arteta’s beginning line-up, with Marseille and Atletico Madrid named as events.
Leave a Reply